Systems
I ordered deep dish beef pie and a cup of matcha soy no sugar. The matcha soy is so bitter. Did not expect that. Of course it would be bitter, duh, its no sugar. Intern life has been so-so, now that I get caught in the routine of it. Just like everything in life, it became boring once it becomes a routine. Looking at my supervisor/coworker jobs, it imagined that I would be bored if I were them. I think there’s something about waking up at 7.30 sharp and going home at 6 pm that makes it somehow repetitive, although the job that I have is actually not that bad. It is still a creative job where I get to explore new things and think of new ideas. I don’t know. Maybe 9 to 6 job is not for me.
Now why did I spend $16 on a cup of matcha and a pie? Simply because I love being in cafe. If I have other option I probably wouldn’t choose Starbucks, but they just have amazing wifi and great ambience. I can always think. I basically spent my money on wifi, aircon, and a bit of me time. Living in a dorm with 3 other people in my room, I don’t really get as much privacy as I would like. Sometimes if I don’t feel like spending my money aka broke aka its the end of the month, I would buy some dinner and sit in front of NAFA on their sculptural benches. Its pretty nice despite the fact that everybody who walks to the mrt would stare at this girl who is typing or drawing away on her ipad at 8 pm while munching on some ruffles. Yes, sometimes I would buy Ruffles for dinner. But out of all places to think and write or read, I think Starbucks is just the best.
I just recently found out that I am the kind of person that likes to be alone, and need a lot of alone time to process my own thought. Since I am living with 3 other people in my room, that means the only option that I have is my top bunk bed or my own desk which is situated underneath the ac. I prefer my bed of course, but I would just end up binge watching some sitcom on Netflix and not actually get some things done. So when there’s a lot of things on my mind that I need to process, I would usually write, or go and have a quick run.
My initial plan today after work was to buy some second hand book from bras basah and situate myself comfortably for the next 3 hours in Starbucks and devour the said book that I bought, but alas the world is not in favour of me today. Turns out the book that I want to buy is $25 so I returned bookless from bras basah and head straight to Starbucks.
This morning while I was showering I suddenly thought of how important it is to set a system in my life. Actually, in everyone’s life. This has come to my attention ever since I started working as an intern. During the circuit breaker, I set a system to myself, which I did not follow sometimes, but most of the time I quite enjoy the routine of it. As I get older I realized that I actually capable of disciplining myself despite what my Dad always told me that I am not a very organized kind of person. Or maybe after being told that over and over again I subconsciously tried to prove to myself that I am capable. Haha. Anyways, so. System. It’s important. I quite enjoy the system that I set to my own self. And I think this is very important for my own self development. I think the more disciplined I am, the more I can achieve a lot of things. But then, to think of it I think I don’t like being in other people’s system, like a 9 to 6 job. Hm. I think I am getting somewhere with this thought.
Now that I start pondering about it, this world is created by systems. Corporations, schools, even this Starbucks that I am sitting in typing this. I think people that can create a good system basically can rule anything. They can rule the world, basically. Omygod is this how all evil people start with their obsession to rule the world? LOL. I swear I do not have any ill intentions towards mankind. HHAAHa.
Anyways, my matcha soy is becoming very cold. And this Starbucks is getting cold and noisy as well so I think I might have to vacate the premises and land my butt on my top bunk. Ciao.
Comments